Today is the 18 month mark. I had originally thought of this as a 3 year journey, so this is the projected half way point. Lots of positives completed, some lessons learned. Tons of support from friends, family, and even strangers.
Today it has been hard to think back positively, been battling the last few weeks where the weight has been coming off way to slow for my liking. I have set an intermediate goal of be down 220 by July 18th. Part of the path to get there is my return to the gym coming up soon, while keeping up the home exercise. I am also thinking about buying a big bag of salad and trying to do a week where my lunches are under 250 calories, combined with a healthy breakfast and dinner should push the results I want.
Things I have learned in the past 18 months.
- Healthy food tastes good. I don’t miss the stuff I am not eating because there is plenty of good tasting healthy options out there.
- People are awesome. So many kind words, encouragements, and well wishes. It amazes me how many people noticed.
- Exercise gets easier the more you do it. The nightly walks keep getting longer. I would not have believed the things I can do now, if you told me just a few months ago.
- Idle time is destructive to me. I can’t just be sitting around doing nothing. That is when I eat too much. During the Covid 19 lock down we would take drives just to keep me busy. It worked. I can’t wait to get back to the office, where life gets more hectic.
- I don’t miss alcohol. I am probably averaging 1 drink a month, just simply because I don’t want to drink in calories. Life is good, and that is fine.
The journey continues!